For all the Angry Birds fans out there… This is funny!
4 Reasons why I’m not buying Apple iPad as a Apple fan boy.
1. I’m Poor. OK la!
This is the most common reason people give right? But actually poor is relative. I will be buying iPhone 4 even if it is more expensive than iPad, why? Because I love my iPhone 3G and I have been waiting for iPhone 4 for 6months(I’m out of mobile contract).
2. iPad is running iOS which is almost same as iPhone’s iOS.
I don’t seem much difference from using a iPhone and iPad. Yes, the screen is bigger but overall the feel is completely the same. I don’t think I am going to buy another iPhone just because it have bigger screen.
3. I feel that iPad is abit too limited as a Portable Tablet/Computer.
Yes, you might argue that iPad is not a computer, it is a consumer device like TV or Nintendo Wii. But for me I feel that iPad will be a PC replacement, with iPad I think 90% of my normal day Computer workflow can be achieve on it. For eg. Surfing web, watching podcast, blogging, tweeting, facebook, email, IM, listening to music and even gaming. But there is this 10% that is don’t really do yet that is bothering me.
- No external drive – I’m almost limited to 16-64gb of space, If I need more I can’t get…. yes, dropbox or some other way I can get more space, but it is just not my normal workflow.
- No iMovie – One of the main reason I love my MacBook Pro is that it have iMovie, a very powerful and easy to use Movie Editor that I can import clips from my HD Camcorder, editor and export them. I can’t really do it on my iPad
- Multi-tasking – Yes, you can say that Multi-tasking is coming, but it is not true multi-tasking.
- Files Support – I hope play RMVB files, or some other format of files on iPad, but it is not really possible now.
- Files Download – It is not as easy to download and open files like you normally do on a Mac/PC.
I always have a interest in Android, even before the first Android phone came out, I’m already reading heavy on it and thought of doing development(during my poly days). So if there is any tablet is that going to have a good form factor, good battery life and runs Android, it might be a better choice for me.
Thus… I’m not getting iPad when it launch in Singapore, even though I want one… :X